Applying for grants – guidelines
The Trust’s local community funds make donations to community projects in the areas local to the airports, as defined by the local community fund grants panel.
Our key focus is on:
- Education and youth development
- The environment
- Employment/skills development
Some local community funds also support other themes, depending on local needs.
Grant applicants need to demonstrate that they can meet at least one of the following objectives:
- Create learning opportunities for young people and so raise their aspirations;
- Help protect the environment;
- Break down barriers to employment through skills development;
- Support staff active in the community.
We encourage applications for projects where a donation from the Trust can help leverage funding from other sources.
We do not provide funds for:
- general running costs
- salary costs
- for appeals in support of a sole person, whether health or education related
- commercial sponsorship
- third party advertising
- political campaigning
The main Trust meets four times a year to consider grant applications. Local community fund panels also meet at least three times during the year and can approve grant applications up to a maximum amount of £5,000. Larger grant applications, if recommended by the local panel, will be presented to the main Trust for a decision.
Before making a formal grant application, please email a summary of your proposal to your local community fund representative so that we can give guidance.