Here is a selection of recent grants made by the local community funds:
Recent grants include:
- Aberdeen – Easter Anguston Farm – £50,000: To support the renovation of a special needs community farm, creating new workshops and education facilities.
- Aberdeen – Inchgarth Community Centre – £50,000: To regenerate part of the centre with a new café, homework centre and meeting zone.
- Glasgow – Skills for Sustainable Tourism Project, Scottish Business in the Community – £40,000: To enable hard to reach young people from schools in Glasgow to develop skills to pursue careers in tourism.
- Glasgow – The Old Firm Youth Diversionary Programme – £50,000: To support a youth outreach scheme run jointly by Glasgow Rangers and Celtic Football Clubs.
- Heathrow – Haybrook College – £40,000: To support the launch of Come Dine with Me, a new catering training programme and community café for young people at risk of exclusion from education in Slough.
- Heathrow – The Challenge Network – £32,000: To support young people from Ealing, Hillingdon and Hounslow taking part in the summer Challenge Programme and volunteering in their local communities, as part of the national citizenship service.
- Heathrow – VSO Global Xchange – £20,000: To support young people from the UK and Zambia working together on community volunteering projects in Hounslow.
- Southampton – The Greenhouse Project – £50,000: To develop a new horticultural training centre for adults with learning difficulties at the QE 2 Activity Centre.
- Southampton – Bitterne Park School – Destinations Project – £50,000: For a new careers advice and skills development centre for young people.
Further information about grants awarded
For more information about grants in 2013, contact your local airport community fund.
For more information about Trust activities in 2011, download the charity's annual report (3.54MB PDF).